• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Wing Failure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Head in the clouds

We had a prang a couple of days ago, two folks who had just finished building their Savannah kit flew across the country to visit an airshow, met bad weather and tried to put down in a paddock. Unfortunately they clipped a virtually invisible SWER (single wire, earth return) power line and came down in a heap. Gladly they weren't hurt but the plane's a mess. One wing failed, the other is unharmed but it's the manner of the wing failure that's got my interest. I've had a lot to say to say about it on the Oz site and not many agree with my thoughts, so I thought I'd post the pics here for comment by you learned people. Thanks.

ballarat-landing-jpg.20936

pl_729_capeclear_20130227150835792579-620x349.jpg

This is how they start out ...

43858.jpg

Back