Quantcast

What Happened To...Le Pelican

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
Interesting, Erkki, but the 40i is not listed on their aircraft engine web site www.vaxell.com, which does not appear to have been updated in about ten years, and neither the V-twin nor their fuel-injected VW-based engines seem to be listed for sale in the online store.

pictsidhe

That vaxell looks suspiciously like a small block vanguard. Torque is very good for that size engine. If it had a bigger reduction ratio, I'd be interested.

jedi

Sahuarita Arizona, Renton Washington, USA
That vaxell looks suspiciously like a small block vanguard. Torque is very good for that size engine. If it had a bigger reduction ratio, I'd be interested.
How difficult would it be to change the gear size for the desired reduction ratio?

Decide desired reduction ratio. Find gear set in internet catalog. See if they fit in the existing case. Investigate case modifications if needed.

No doubt it can be done but it may affect unit life if too extreme. Sounds like a reasonable plan to me.

Last edited:

erkki67

I dont know, but the plans of the Pelican are hard to get, but the plans of the Stewart Headwind and the Legal Eagle are easy to find, so 1+1=3, and 3 is the Pelican reviewd.

In this case I could be tempted to have an Affordaplane style fuselage with the Headwind or Pelican layout!

:gig:

erkki67

I love this style with the upper longeron going directly to the tailpost, like on the Headwind and this dream classic style.

The headwind is on the heavier side, and Id like for this kind of bird to have either two seats (SBS) or a sit on top single seat, but both models with a suspension and why not this Vaxell engine up in front;
Vaxelli50.PNG

or the smaller i40 for the single seat.

erkki67

The Fantasy Dream of Airdrome Aeroplanes, is a perfect exemple of what direction I'd like to go with a two seater.

It's almost a sit on top SBS, but with the engine at the wrong position, and some other details that would needed to be altered.

Structure.jpg

A quick review of what would need to be altered, except the missing engine mount.

FlyAway

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
As far as I can tell, Build and Fly Shop is a Russian scammer site selling pirated drawings gathered from the internet. I would not buy from them

Hello. I'm new to this forum. Can someone tell me definitively if there are plans available for the Le Pelican ultralight? I've seen the sites that seem to offer them, but I'm dubious.
Like this one: LE PELICAN PART103 ULTRALIGHT – PLANS AND INFORMATION SET FOR HOMEBUILD AIRCRAFT – SIMPLE AND CHEAP 1 SEAT TUBE-FABRIC | https://buildandfly.shop
Or, has anyone drawn their own set of plans and may be willing to share or sell a set?
Thanks!