What Happened To...Le Pelican

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

WBNH

Le Pelican fans...

...Came across this on the Tube. Posted two months ago. The text accompanying the video details his experience with the Global Engine, and states the ship is for sale (or was two months ago.)

Posting as an interesting find just in case anyone is interested. (Including it as a link instead of inserting the video as the inserted video wouldn't have the additional text description below it.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l7b1sUtnfM

pwood66889

Le Pelican fans...
...Came across this on the Tube. Posted two months ago.
Posting as an interesting find just in case anyone is interested.
`Preesh! `Ticularly noticed the exhaust extension. I may get to that state some day as I have gotten the plate off the engine mount and am noodling the -042 fit.
Percy in NW FL, USA

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
Wikipedia says that the original, single-seat Le Pelican flew on an 18 hp Briggs & Stratton back in the 1980s, so a 22 hp Honda V-twin (or Predator clone) ought to be just fine. It sure is cute as a button, especially with the straight gear, spoked wheels, and translucent covering that this one sports.

pelican.jpg

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter

erkki67

The EAA Chapter 292 had The Independence Flyer on their building table a few years back. I did look like a home building version of the Pelican. I’m wondering if they ever finished that project?

erkki67

Another thought, what about using the Affordaplane fuselage construction Methode, designed into a Pelican design?

Or built like the CE or Piojo in wood and plywood!?

Last edited: