HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Hot Wings

Grumpy Cynic
HBA Supporter
Log Member
I've got nothing to add.
That might just be a plus:beer:

Got my new drivers license yesterday. Didn't even have to take a number. There was a DMV person waiting and the whole process took less than 5 minutes. Lets see the FAA match that service.o_O

don january

Log Member
I have a friend who is building a all wood plane and from time to time I get a picture. After looking at photos I ask myself do I say or do "NOTHING" ? At the age of 80 plus of my friend I don't want to discourage him in any fashion of finishing his AC But the truth is I see wood that with out a doubt does not meet run out rules set by FAA such as knots in the middle of longeron. This situation has brought a few sleepless nights for me because as of date I have only expressed how important it is to build the AC to meet all requirements enforced by the inspector who at one date will inspect the AC for certificate of air- worthiness. Like many things in life at times it's best to say or do nothing but I wonder just were you all stand in this situation ?

Wanttaja

They say nature abhors a vacuum. Doesn't make sense, when you realize how much she made of it.....

Ron "There is no such thing as gravity....the Earth sucks" Wanttaja

FritzW

Log Member
Like many things in life at times it's best to say or do nothing but I wonder just were you all stand in this situation ?
I don't know how far along he is but what are the chances that he'll really finish it and try to fly it? If the chances are low, let him live his dream. But If the project/airplane gets passed along you might not want to let it fall into unsuspecting hands.

pictsidhe

This is an aviation thread, so nothing should be in at least 3 significant figures: 0.00

It is quite clear from that, that this thread is not pointless.

mullacharjak

Nothing wrong with a few knots in a spar as long as he can nurse it to a safe altitude for the Vne test hollywood style.Nothing matters more than finding the true Vne of any aircraft or else he can postpone this excercise and remain in eternal dread of the unknown.Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Pops

Log Member
I'm going to run for President of the United States next year in no political party and promise to not sign any laws. Since I am not a politician, you can expect me to keep my promise.

How many votes except my one vote? Wife says anyone except me :)
I promise to take the salary and spend it on fuel for my airplane.
Been an airport bum since 5 years old and will not stop. If you want to see me you will have to come to the airport.
I'll go down in history for sure.

"POPS for President"
P for P :)

Added ==== OOPS, forgot not to talk about P******s.

Last edited:

wsimpso1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Log Member
I'm going to run for President of the United States next year in no political party and promise to not sign any laws. Since I am not a politician, you can expect me to keep my promise.

How many votes except my one vote? Wife says anyone except me :)
I promise to take the salary and spend it on fuel for my airplane.
I will vote for you.

pictsidhe

It's the most dangerous job in the USA. 8 of 44 presidents have died in office. Half of those were assassinated.

Dan Thomas

"0" is nothing.
I was taught that zero was not nothing. Nothing is nothing, not even zero. Zero means something, whereas nothing does not mean anything. It can't, since nothing has no meaning. Even the vastness of empty space can't be called nothing, since it has dimension and trace gases and dust and cosmic particles and so on.

Better start a thread called Zero.