Nothing

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Aerowerx

I was taught that zero was not nothing. Nothing is nothing, not even zero. Zero means something, whereas nothing does not mean anything. It can't, since nothing has no meaning. Even the vastness of empty space can't be called nothing, since it has dimension and trace gases and dust and cosmic particles and so on.

Better start a thread called Zero.
if Nothing is nothing, how did you just define it...something that has no meaning?

make two lists. One with words that mean something. The other words that mean nothing. Which list would "Nothing" be put in?

Last edited:

Pops

Log Member
I'm going for the vote of the people with an I.Q. of 100 or less. I'll be a shoe in. :)

My slogan, "Red neck for the White house". Hold my beer and watch the campaign.

Pops

Log Member
if Nothing is nothing, how did you just define it...something that has no meaning?

make two lists. One with words that mean something. The other words that mean nothing. Which list would "Nothing" be put in?

Nothing has to be something, because it just make my head hurt.

Last edited:

Jerry Lytle

Isn't zero a place holder with no value. Nothing is a blank. 2 with nothing behind it is a 2, put a zero behind and it becomes twenty.
I have never understood how the Romans could do the math for each level of oncrete forms for the Pantheon roof. Designing difficult concrete forms was my specialty.
They had no zero to serve with their pi.

Pops you have my vote! (which is nothing)

Doggzilla

HBA Supporter
I’m more of an everything guy.

Does this mean we have to fight about it now?

I think that’s the rule now.

Pops

Log Member
As Pops' Campaign Manager, I can now officially release his 2020 campaign slogan:

If it's not there in the rule book, it costs nothing, accomplishes nothing, and is 100% guaranteed not to piss any voters off.
Why didn't I think of that ! Not required to answer. You will make a great Campaign Manager.
I'm not allowed to vote, but I can have bumper stickers. Where do I get one from?
Even though you can't vote, like a Corp, you can help out the campaign by having a bumper sticker on your auto. One drop of water makes a river. :)

I will not except any campaign money from anyone. I don't buy votes. I want voters to vote for me because they want nothing done and I will keep my promise.

Pops

Log Member
I’m more of an everything guy.

Does this mean we have to fight about it now?

I think that’s the rule now.
Have to wait for Sat night and meet me down at the Honky Tonk and I get a few beers under my belt :)

Victor Bravo

"Hey Pops, who you gonna vote for in 2020?"
"Of couirse I am"

"What do you mean, you're voting for Who?"
"Yes, that's him"

"Who?"
"None other."

"... so when you go to the voting booth and you punch the little pen through the ballot, who is it that you're voting for?"
"Exactly!"

"That's what I'm trying to find out!"
"I told you, I'm supporting Who."

"Why?"
"No, that's the FAA Administrator!"

Last edited:

Pops

Log Member
This has been the greatest thread I’ve read in a long time! Have been laughing thru the whole second page. I’m wondering, if I’m laughing at nothing am I crazy?

A BIG nothing. Nothings come big and small. NO, you are the sane one.

Pops

Log Member
"Hey Pops, who you gonna vote for in 2020?"
"Of couirse I am"

"What do you mean, you're voting for Who?"
"Yes, that's him"

"Who"
"None other."

"... so when you go tot he voting booth and you punch the little pen through the ballot, who is it that you're voting for?"
"Exactly"

"That's what I'm trying to find out!"
"I told you, I'm supporting Who."

"Why?"
"No, that's the FAA Administrator!"

Whats his name.

Group Builder