• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Where Do Unfinished Projects Go To Die?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

etard

I would like to start a lighthearted discussion on the topic of unfinished projects.

I was at an auction the other day in which a Stitts Playboy frame and a few parts went for a reasonable (under $500) price. Well, I was there loading some of my purchased items and a gentleman was there picking the Stitts up at the same time. While chatting with the guy he mentioned that he was picking it up for his father. Then he said his father was 90!:shock: We both had a laugh as he said the reality is that his grandchildren will love playing on the soon to be yard art.

There is no way this man's father will complete this plane. There must be more unfinished planes out there than flying. So where do all these unfinished projects end up?

Inevitably, some end up in the dumpster as the widow and the rest of the family is just sick of seeing the "worthless" structure after all these years. Others may get passed around the family or a family friend, and others end up on the open market, etc...

Any interesting stories of "barn finds" or rescued kits that are now flying?

Back