• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Scotch/Whisk(e)y/Bourbon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skier

Rather than completely derail another thread, how about one dedicated to these fine drinks.

Derswede (which came from me racing a Swedish car.....) Who is up for discussing Scotch? Glenmorange and Laphroaig are two of my favorites.

Laphroaig Quarter Cask is the way to go.

I find Laphroaig to peaty for my taste. Recently I have switched my go to whiskey from Macallan 21 and Johnny Walker Blue Label to Balblair 99

Balblair 99? I'll have to try it. Laphroaig is nice on occasion, but I prefer the Highland Scotches, a bit less peat bog and sea spray.

Irish single malt is good too. A great Scotch is like a chorus of flavor, while the Irish is like a single clear note.

All this talk of scotch is getting me thirsty. I'm going to go pour myself so Oban (not my favorite, but I have it on hand). Glenmorangie and Lagavulin are my two favorites at the moment. I do like Laphroaig Quarter Cask, but for some reason I still prefer the Lagavulin. It could be because it was my intro to these petey Scotches. I knew I had to try it after reading this article: http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/20150511-why-you-should-never-drink-whisky-on-the-rocks

Back