• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

high wing design two seat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidGr

Hope you all had a great Christmas and my best wishes to you and yours for 2010.

A local farmer was with us over Christmas and the subject of flying came up as is typical of bush dwellers during a get together. I was asked a question that I had no immediate answer for, and I still do not have one.

This farmer is looking to build a two seat plane for checking on his live stock over some rugged bush land. The guy is not a wealthy farmer and I want to help him where I can. Small helicopters were used for this purpose but there is a shortage of pilots to work in the bush next year and he needs to get an alternative plan to working.

I looked around at various free plans and while some get close to what he needs, few hit the nail on the head. I saw the BJ Enduro got close, but its got only one seat and its a little close to the design edge for safety from what I have read.

A Volksplane gets close, but alas seat/pay load problem again. High wing is desired to allow best view of the terrain.

It is unlikely he will have a passenger with him on most trips and the seat area will get used for hauling some extra items.

Kit planes are too much for his budget and the best I can do is line him up with a VW engine to power the plane at the right price. Our engineer friend has done some stellar work on those and a few are flying here just fine for a pilot with some modest loads.

Any ideas from you gentlemen would be appreciated.

Regards,

David

Back