• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pushparaj

I am Pushparaj Ameen from India. A hardcore RC enthusiast. I have over 16 years of experience in building & teaching Remote controlled Airplane & Boats. The dream of developing manned plane is reckoned from a simple radio controlled background.

Recently I have designed & developed a Single Seater Microlight Seaplane, first of its kind in India and currently we hold Indian Book of Record for this microlight Seaplane.

The fabrication work was carried out on my home's terrace and backyard. Owing to financial constraints, the aircraft was constructed with a wing span of 35feet & weighing 120kg (without pilot). I have used 33hp Simonini engine to power my Microlight Seaplane. We have used aviation grade aluminum, extruded foam, fibre cloth, epoxy resin, braided Dacron lines and special nylon cloth.

This airplane was built under $9700. I still managed to produce microlight seaplanes successfully without a sophisticated tool and workshop.

Note: I am not a trained manned pilot. This was my first flying experience. :pilot: :D

Youtube link for my Home built microlight Seaplane

I welcome members feedback & support. :)

2.jpg

Picture1.jpg

Back