Crashes in the News - Thread

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Wanttaja

Bird or not - It lost control - Failure mode #1 = single point failure loss of control, no autorotation no glide.

And you think of this as a means of 'safe' travel ? ? ?
Well...that's exactly what testing is supposed to prove or disprove. The developers probably learned more from this crash than any of the previous flights.

At least I HOPE so.....

Ron Wanttaja

Hephaestus

Well...that's exactly what testing is supposed to prove or disprove. The developers probably learned more from this crash than any of the previous flights.

At least I HOPE so.....

Ron Wanttaja
Except these are customers not developers :)

Dubai police are the ones playing on this unit...

TurbAero

Lifetime Supporter
According to eyewitnesses, there was smoke coming from the aircraft while it was descending. Looking at the photo in the press release, there appears to be fire damage to the right wing root and fuselage. Not a nice situation to be in and would have been very scary for the 17 year old pilot.

jedi

Sahuarita Arizona, Renton Washington, USA
Delos “Dee”Echlin was flying a single-engine RV4 from Tucson to Safford when it went down.

He was a good man and a friend. I was notified by his son (a Commonwealth Sky Ranger pilot) yesterday.

Last edited:

Bill-Higdon

Hephaestus

^ I think that number has since been bumped up to 40% - so nearly half!
I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the workload in an airbus a320 cockpit to manage to land gear up...

Isn't there a video of one of the corporate test pilots talking about how hard the flyby in France was because the computer wouldn't let them get that low that fast, clean with the gear up?