For Sale Craigslist

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

bmcj

HBA Supporter

Flivverflyer

I always felt that the Volksplane is the wrong airplane if you want fully enclosed.

I saw this one at the Arlington Airshow years ago, and I asked the owner if the turtleneck caused any issues with yaw stability. He shrugged it off with a "not really". I walked away unconvinced.

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
Despite the fact that he's having some undeserved public relations problems these days, I believe the late great Dr. Seuss has the right approach for that turtledeck... calculatus eliminatus :)

That's a pretty good price for a well built airplane, regardless.

don january

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Motor is worth that. Not to mention the gear. The turtle deck and dash is a (?) for me Id have to have a pillow to sit on.

Daleandee

I’ve seen pics of that one before. Regardless of how well the workmanship might be, I’ve always felt that the turtledeck on this one is hideous looking.
The builder might have helped design the Sonex ... :popcorn:

(Ducking and running)

Doran Jaffas

It would be nice to get my hands on a set of drawings for the construction of it. Keeping the same dimensions with possibly adding a second seat and maybe a little more modern construction method but the airfoil and everything else the same. I have an aversion to changing aerodynamics when the other proved to work.
You think contacting him would get any information on the drawings?

proppastie

Log Member
I have one flight in a Baby Ace, and it was delightful. Would love to have one, and would probably go look at this one if I had room for it in the hangar.
talked to someone flew one once......said did not have any rudder authority on the ground.....but he flew normally a Champ and C170 with fairly large rudders .....any more adjectives you might have?