• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBuiltAirplanes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Craigslist

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Riggerrob

I wonder what is hiding under that canopy cover.

BJC
I saw this airplane the last time I flew to Chilliwack for pie and can confirm that the sheet metal work is first rate!

Last edited:

BJC

HBA Supporter
If you read the original ad,
I read the ad. I still wonder what is hiding under that canopy cover.

Or, if you prefer a question rather than a statement: Why would a seller not photograph (or have photographed) the airplane with the canopy cover removed so perspective buyers could see more of the airplane?

BJC

pfarber

If you read the original ad, it says: "135 hp, Lycoming O-290D turning a 3-bladed IVO Magnum prop."
I saw this airplane the last time I flew to Chilliwack for pie and can confirm that the sheet metal work is first rate!
Looking at those photos I do not agree. I guess there are degree's of 'first rate'?

bmcj

HBA Supporter

Toobuilder

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Reminds me of the oft repeated phrase that "if you give an Englishman a piece of metal he will do something foolish with it..."

The builder of this thing must be from England.

karmarepair

HBA Supporter

rv7charlie

Marc W

Are you sure? The ad says it's a Sonix, whatever that is.
I am sure! I know that plane. It is a Sonex. I used to know the builder. I haven't seen him in 5 years since I moved. He never mastered take offs and landings in that airplane. It first flew around 2013 and I see it still only has 25 hours on it.