For Sale Craigslist

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

jany77

Just a little note ,Roger Mann use glue similar to gorilla in building his rw19 rw 20 ,he shows that in his building video .

Daleandee

Oh, now that is nasty. I weld better than that!
Many moons ago I did certified 4 position mig welding for General Dynamics. But it's been a long time and I wouldn't trust my welding without going back and getting some more instruction and a lot of practice. If welding a fuse frame I believe I'd just gas weld with Oxy-acetylene. But again ... it would take me a good while to get welds that I'd feel comfortable flying.

A friend was using his little, portable, inexpensive welder the other day to reweld the hinges back on his cargo trailer. He was quite proud of the globs he had on there until the door fell off ... :mad:

n45bm

Many moons ago I did certified 4 position mig welding for General Dynamics. But it's been a long time and I wouldn't trust my welding without going back and getting some more instruction and a lot of practice. If welding a fuse frame I believe I'd just gas weld with Oxy-acetylene. But again ... it would take me a good while to get welds that I'd feel comfortable flying.

A friend was using his little, portable, inexpensive welder the other day to reweld the hinges back on his cargo trailer. He was quite proud of the globs he had on there until the door fell off ... :mad:
Yeah, there are those that think that "The bigger the glob, the stronger the weld". He he.

Daleandee

Yeah, there are those that think that "The bigger the glob, the stronger the weld". He he.
I've heard it stated ... "The bigger the glob, the stronger the job!"

I've learned enough about welding to know that I can be good at it but presently I'm not even allowed in the welders locker room much less out on the field. The last welding I recall doing was nearly 20 years ago with a borrowed machine running on a generator as we reassembled some bar-joists for my T-hangar. If it counts ... it's still standing.

TerryM76

HBA Supporter

Daleandee

It's got some value but not $7k........I think $700 would be a stretch but I'm pretty cheap as VB well knows!
It would be hard for me to trust someone else's build on something such as this unless I knew the builder and/or watched it being built. I'm sure those that know more than I do about this type of construction could evaluate it pretty well.

I've built aluminum planes and done a bit of tube & rag work but no wood or composite to speak of. So with that if you want to offer $700 ... I'll step aside and let you have at it. ;)

TerryM76

HBA Supporter
How many times has a dad or grandad passed away and left his incomplete project for the survivors to deal with? Most of the time they have no idea of the value, they don't know where all the documentation is hiding or what parts are there or missing. My wife is pushing me to get things sorted out, organized and documented so that she can more easily manage the disposition of my projects in the event of my untimely passing. This might not have anything to do with that poor unloved KR2 project......but there it is destined for the dumpster.

12notes

Lifetime Supporter
Log Member
It's not exactly craigslist, but I didn't thin it deserved a new thread just for this. There are currently 3 Hummel Ultracruisers - 1 flying, 1 almost, 1 project - and a Hummelbird project currently for sale on the Hummel Facebook group, so request to join if you're looking for one.

There's also this Watson Windwagon with the Hummelbird mods in Facebook marketplace:

karmarepair

HBA Supporter
It looks like this project once had an engine and a prop. Spinner backplate - not something you're expect on a project that was never completed or flown. I also notice a guide coat sprayed on several parts, a Pro Tip. Also what looks like a giant crack just in front of the vertical stabilizer, running from upper longeron to upper longeron. Not a complete Fright Pig; I have seen FAR worse FLYING KR-2s, but it deserves a very close inspection.

They are clearly asking too much. Maybe they can donate it to !Contact magazine - they are pretty close to Pat Panzera.

Convert to a single place, with a conservative VW, and you could have a pretty fast sportplane for not much money.

don january

HBA Supporter
Log Member

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
I arranged for Pat to pick up a KR-2 built by one of our chapter members that had aged out. So any deep-seated desire he has for a KR may already have been addressed.

Latest posts