Quantcast

what's your desktop picture?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

skier

Both of my computers have had the same background for a while now.

snaildrake

This week it's been my two sons on our recent trip to Norway - only because the pictured plane just got too distracting. I've also had shots of the Asso V Champion, Desert Eagles SF.260s, Millennium Master, and the Pazmany PL-9 Storch. -Dan

Attachments

deskpilot

Morphett Vale, South Australia. Just south of Adel
Seems most of you guys have one track minds. My advice is to come back to ground and smell the roses occasionally.
My desktop is of one of my childhood playgrounds, Hadleigh Castle which overlooks the Thames estuary in the UK. It originally belonged to one of Henry VIII wives but now belongs to the people.

Attachments

Dan Thomas

My truck. '51 International. Picture taken right after I finished restoring it over 5 years ago. I drive it everywhere, year-round, so it doesn't look quite so nice anymore. Thinking of building an antiqueish-looking pickup from scratch, something that would be of the style of 1930 or so. I work on airplanes all day and get enough of them, which probably explains why my more recent aircraft projects have slowed considerably.

Dan

Attachments

Hot Wings

Grumpy Cynic
HBA Supporter
Log Member
I see a trend here? My other computer had a goose chasing a fox but that vanished in the Vista exorcism. The new penguin soul will soon have a proper desktop image :)

Attachments

Dan Thomas

My project. Bought and paid for. Now, I've just got to move it here (California) from Maine. Why did I buy this project? Couldn't find one farther away :roll:

That looks like a Falconar Teal. Is it? Rare indeed. The prototype was built by some guys in my old hometown when I was a teenager.

Dan

Voyeurger

That looks like a Falconar Teal. Is it? Rare indeed. The prototype was built by some guys in my old hometown when I was a teenager.

Dan
It is indeed a Falconar Teal F121. Some poor guy worked on it fairly consistently for about 20 years. Mahogany and sitka spruce. It is very nicely done. All of the flight surfaces were done and primed, and then, he died. He willed it to his local EAA chapter which is where I bought it. I put most of the photos (as many as allowed) in an album here in "my area" or whatever you'd call it, if you want to see a few more.