Thread Drift

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Pilot-34

Most of me is in IL but my hearts in Alaska
Allert: New thread started as a result of the dreaded Thread Drift in Hydrogen Use Storage and Transport
at post # 85.
See new post "40 + MPG Air and Auto Vehicles"

I often picture how well my 40 mpg Honda Del Sol would fit under the 18 wheelers that I draft on occasion. In reality doing 75+ next to four of the xxx tires and wheels, parts of which are constantly displayed along the once upon a time freeway is a bigger concern.
Your Honda underneath my 18 wheeler is a constant concern of mine.

blane.c

HBA Supporter
From: California Bans Small Off-Road Gas Engines, Including Lawnmowers and Chainsaws

A weaving flight back-and-forth across the international dateline will let you see either the sunset or the sunrise many times in a hour

Anyone care to reply to that! :)
Well having lived in Alaska 30 years what amaze's me is that the international date line zig zags around all manner of geo-political boundaries. But what really seems to matter is business's relation to time. When I first arrived in Alaska there were 5 time zones and it was near impossible to do business across the state especially if it involved a state agency. So the 5 time zones were condensed into one time zone and business was much happier, the sun never new the difference.

Derswede

I always though that Hondas were best used to fill potholes in I-95 from Maryland to NY. One per pothole, a bit of asphalt and patch is done, hole filled. I have to drive up to Philly on occasion, it makes flying look totally safe and easy. Even Ultralight flying, which friends keep telling me will kill me. Need new friends........

Derswede

BJC

HBA Supporter
I always though that Hondas were best used to fill potholes in I-95 from Maryland to NY. One per pothole, a bit of asphalt and patch is done, hole filled. I have to drive up to Philly on occasion, it makes flying look totally safe and easy. Even Ultralight flying, which friends keep telling me will kill me. Need new friends........

Derswede
Are there thay many Hondas?

BJC

Rhino

Lifetime Supporter
More often than not when I get pissed at a driver the car is a Subaru
With me it usually seems to be vehicles with tall wheels, tires only one inch tall, and a bumblebee resonator on the tailpipe that they seem to think improves the performance dramatically (it doesn't).

It's hilarious when they put that crap on a pickup or SUV. I've had more than one person get PO'd when I laughed hysterically at their truck.

BJC

HBA Supporter
Your Honda underneath my 18 wheeler is a constant concern of mine.
We drove Flagstaff to Memphis on I-40 last week. The right lane was absolutely filled with semi's, and 99% were doing a great job. However, about every 20 minutes, a semi would pull out into the fast lane to pass another semi. No problem, except it usually took him about 10 minutes the complete the pass on get back in the right lane.

A few rotten apples .....

BJC

BJC

HBA Supporter
I-40 is notorious for that, especially in Tennessee. It really needs another lane.
We had a cross wind all the way across NM and TX. Steady wind of about 20 MPH, with regular gust of 40 MPH, a peak gust of 60 MPH was reported on our route. The news that night showed as idle trailer being overturned by the wind.

BJC

blane.c

HBA Supporter
Are there thay many Hondas?

BJC
Around 20 years ago I checked and there were enough small block Chevys to go around the world eight and a half times placed end to end, so I surmise there should be plenty of Hondas to fill pot holes (Subaru's too).

Pilot-34

Most of me is in IL but my hearts in Alaska
Lol you are doing great. !
I drove from Chicago to Phoenix and back last week I’d say about 50% of the cars were doing good…..

The left lane is not the travel lane and you should spend no more time in it than you absolutely have to.