• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Photography

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skier

Is anyone else here into photography? In another thread it sounded like there were a few people who have flown for aerial photography, but it didn't sound like anyone was really into the photography part of that field.

I've been slowly teaching myself photography and have been having a lot of fun, especially with off-camera lighting and post-processing. Earlier this year I decided to try merging my aviation and photography interests. Unfortunately, as many of us here know, airports don't tend to be the most welcoming places. People do tend to open up a bit after you "prove" your interest in aviation. I've also been lucky in that, I've found a few airports that are a bit more welcoming and I found a local EAA chapter with a bunch of friendly guys. With any luck, I'm planning to try my hand at some aerial photography (mainly air-to-air, I have less interest in air-to-ground) in the spring.

Here are a few of my shots from this year. For more: https://500px.com/s1a1om

5fc89fe3f3a11eb52f14057749451aea

307e1006720ef6623d4e30457c140f4b

92d288a42625250c010579200d6a5ea3

a3098b85457a849e7c59a815fcae284e

6ddd80e6f084daf6c468e72396c27715

By the way, I'm always looking for subjects. If you or someone you know isn't too far from Connecticut and would like some photos (or would be willing to be a subject), let me know.

Back