• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Optimizing wing fillet on tapered fuselage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwmflying14

Hey all, I have been trying to wrap my head around something, and it seems like I am missing something relatively simple.

Building a proper wing intersection fairing/fillet on a square fuselage seems pretty straight forward per Hoerner's study's.

Is the fillet simply extended beyond that of a perfectly square intersection? (When I say square I am referring to a straight sided fuselage at the point at which the wing meets. Which we all know is ideal)

In my head it seems as if you would take the point of max thickness and extend it to the trailing edge of the wing. But then to bring it back together? This is where I cant visualize it with a tapered fuse.

Mike Arnold does a great job explaining in one of his videos, but again I can only seem to apply it (in my head) to a straight fuse

For reference, I would like to build a fillet on the main wing of a Dragonfly.

Attachments

• F60BCA58-C0A9-43AC-BE13-7534C5839F2D-2848-0000032EEAFA8DCB.jpeg
    F60BCA58-C0A9-43AC-BE13-7534C5839F2D-2848-0000032EEAFA8DCB.jpeg
    13.8 KB · Views: 45
Back