• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New design for a long range aircraft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watt

I finished this concept for a long range 4 seater, and I would like to push the design further, and even, maybe, one day build it.
I know a bit about aircraft design, but I am not an engineer and not very good yet with computers as a design tool. I would greatly appreciate comments, help and suggestions.
I have a million questions ready to fire, so here are the first three:

My wing is flying at 3 million reynolds, do you think that it is leaving pure laminar flow regime, and does it makes sense to use a laminar flow wing?

I am planing to make this aircraft as silent as possible, any suggestions?

I would like to use the long AR wing for range and economy, Is there any drawback from it other than structural, (Stall, behavior, passenger comfort.)

Best regards everyone, great forums!

Attachments

• 3vues aga 20 taildragger.jpg
    3vues aga 20 taildragger.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 845
Back