Neat Idea for a fuel gauge!

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

M

Manticore

& if the tank is behind you, you could buy a pair of these (plus a really good sound cancelling headset to drown out the laughter):
mirror_sunglasses.jpeg

Pops

Log Member
& if the tank is behind you, you could buy a pair of these (plus a really good sound cancelling headset to drown out the laughter):
View attachment 41301
Some Luscombe's has the fuel tank behind the seat with the fuel gauge on the front side of the tank so you have to turn around and look behind you.
Dan

SVSUSteve

Before yesterday, I didn't know that South Dakota has an area covered with small lakes.
Some great fishing up there and because everyone thinks of it as a dry barren wasteland, you don't face nearly the competition you would get for a comparable lake elsewhere.

I've never flown an ultralight, but I expect to one day, and I look forward to many late afternoon flights just puttering around the patch.
It's fun, but it's just something I outgrew.

But if you really want to experience flying at its core, one must become competent in aerobatics. That will also make anyone a safer pilot, although, ultimately, safety in personal aviation comes from one's attitude. When I say competent in aerobatics, I mean in full 3-D flight, including all stick forward maneuvers, not just RV-style gentleman's aerobatics.
Agreed 100%. I'm not fond of aerobatics as a "Hey that sounds like a lot of fun!" deal but then again, I'm not fond of a lot of things I have to do professionally but if it has to be done, it has to be done.