• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Fusion 360 experts: Developable loft?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

addaon

Supporting Member
I've been working mostly in Rhino so far because (a) I know it well and (b) it's great for defining OMLs. As I get closer to looking at structural stuff, been looking at Fusion 360 a bit.

Am I correct that there's no way to create a developable loft in Fusion 360 (other than doing it the by-hand way, matching tangents one segment at a time with segments small enough to make the approximation good)? Is there a feature hiding somewhere that might make this manageable? I'm spoiled by Rhino being easily scriptable, and then recently adding developable lofts as a direct feature, so going to miss this.

Alternatives for a workflow here? The manual approximation is one; maybe generate the developable surface in Rhino and import? Other approaches?

Back