• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Where Are All The Cheap Used Airplanes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

etard

I keep reading about the diminishing nature of the private airplane industry and wondering why the price of planes hasn't dropped off as well. Maybe I am perceiving the prices as high because I am quite new to the scene here, but I should think that as older owners/pilots pass on or can't pass the medical requirements there should be a scourge of planes flooding the market and driving the prices down.

Also, as the unfinished projects of men with more dreams than time become uncovered by family members of the fallen heroes, there should be plenty of cheap partially built kits on the market. Maybe I'm looking in all the wrong places, but I am not seeing much in the way of affordable projects.

Help me understand the economics at work here.

Back