Quantcast

What happened to WAR aircraft replicas international?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Wanttaja

A Taylor Monoplane/KR-1 could make a good Yak1,3 or 9.
Hmmmm... Taylor Monoplane as a Yak. Why does that seem familiar?

Having said that looking at your drawings makes me realize you're surrering from the affects of breathing too much of the aroma of Tacoma and it's time for the RAH-15 to stage an intervention to save you
Leaving soon for nice, dry Arizona and communing with the other aviation wrecks at Davis-Monthan....:)

Ron Wanttaja

ScaleBirdsScott

I like the sketches for the various fighters. The Flybaby works pretty well for that 30's era fighter look, the A5M and such. And I've seen pictures of a Flybaby YAK so it's not all that far fetched.

I'm still plugging away on the P40 out of metal. Working on a full update, but here's some CAD for context.

And while the Flybaby is wood and this is metal, its not like the differences are all too significant. The basic concept remains. Frame + some skin with a few unique details.

skier

I'm still plugging away on the P40 out of metal. Working on a full update, but here's some CAD for context.

That's awesome. Any chance you'd be willing to show off your work to another forum member from CT? I'd love to check it out sometime.

tgcastleman

They're still around. That company has been bought and sold many times since it was started. I'm glad I bought my set of Zero plans when I did (about 2010). Right now they're only offering the Corsair and FW190 plans.

Here's the new website:

www.flywaraircraft.com