What Happened To...Le Pelican

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

pwood66889

Wouldn't mind, Randy. But that guy in Nebraska is kinda far away from New Mexico. Even at today's "new, improved" gas prices. Hell, just the wing plans would be good.
Percy

hurricane2

Hi, I found this site while rechecking the V.U.L.A. site
and noticed your post about the Le Pelican ultralite.
I have always thought that this would be a very
inexpensive type of craft to build and could even be
made lighter with a different engine. I too would like
to get more info on the material sizes used in this
plane. Before the V.U.L.A. site "lost" its photo's I had
copied all of the Le Pelican pics that they had posted.
If any one would like to see them I will make them
available. Some of them are a little fuzzy do to the
original low res posting.

hurricane2

Hi, Percy
O.K., I said I would make pics available to you folks but I'm a
little new at this sort of thing and not quite sure how to go
about it? I don't have a website to access so how do I post
pics?

Midniteoyl

xj35s

HURRICANE2. Here is a link to a very small program. it will resize anything. you can resize an entire folder full of pics. just make a new folder for the downsized pics to save to. it doesn't change the originals at all. Or you can work with each picture. It will rename the edited pic so you can save it to the same folder if you want to.

PIXresizer - Download

sample..90x68, original is 800x600 228k

Attachments

hurricane2

Hey, thanks for the info on resizing pics. Call me stupid if you
like but I still don't understand how to put pics on HERE! Like
where it says "enter the URL of your image" . What's that?
Please advise.

xj35s

No, if you're using pics from the computer you just click the paperclip. Has to be in andvanced mode. It will bring up a box with a choose button. Click the button and you can search for the file and the pic on your computer. You can do up to 6 at a posting.

The url of your image is if there is an internet pic or a picture on photobucket or some other iternet pic dump. So if there is a page with a picture you want to show on some website you drop that website address in that box.

I like this site. It's free and clears up my hard drive ;) Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

Nobody is stupid. Nobody knows everything. Everyone can learn. Some just refuse to.

Midniteoyl

Ok...

When replying, hit 'Post Reply' at the bottom of the Thread, OR 'Go Advanced' under the 'Quick Reply' box.

Click the 'Paper Clip' on the top row of the reply box.

In the new window that opens, hit 'Browse' at the top where it says 'Upload File from your Computer'

Another 'Windows Explorer' window will open called 'Choose File'. This is where you select the picture or file you want. You may have to look around alittle.

'Click' on the picture or file, then click the 'Open' button. You will then be taken back to the 'Upload File from your Computer' window and see a path in the text box, ie.: C:\Documents and Settings\Bob.FIRST\My Documents\My Pictures\0415_060.jpg . This is your picture/file.

If you need to upload another picture/file, hit 'Browse' under the one you just did and repeat as above. You can do this six times per post. When you have all the files, hit 'Upload' and the server will upload your pictures/files to the forum. If they are big, or you are on a slow connection, this could take a few minutes so be patient. And you will be taken back to the reply box where you can type some more if needed.

When done, hit 'Submit Reply' as normal.

Last edited:

Midniteoyl

Woot! :ban:

Nice job... Now, if you could upload whatcha got to a photo gallery here...:whistle:

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just use photobucket, link to it from here, and save Jake the bandwidth...

-Dana

"The world that we have made as a result of the level of thinking we have done this far creates problems we cannot solve at the same level of thinking at which we created them." -- Albert Einstein

P

planeguy_randy

WAY TO GO HURRICANE2.................... Now can anyone here do a little CAD work to see if we can start some fuselages or wings and revive this great little plane?????????:whistle:
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will up the ante a little buy saying that I'll give $150.00 for a set of plans. (after christmas though):depressed

Randy S. Hager
Venus, TX

P

planeguy_randy

Well, anyone able to do some CAD drawings?????????????????????;) I'm ready to build. :ban:

Randy S. Hager
Venus, TX

addaon

Lifetime Supporter
Randy, it takes more than two hours to do CAD drawings, even of an existing design... $150 isn't going to catch you many fish. If you're serious about hiring someone to do this, it's probably worth starting another thread in the appropriate forum.

P

planeguy_randy

I was thinking of something like a fuselage drawing first. I guess I could contact the Chapter 292 about the Independence Flyer since it is a more modern version of this design. Has anyone here been to Chapter 292 up in Oregon? Just went to their site and the last update I see was back in 2001. I'll have to email them and ask about the plane.

EAA Chapter 292--Indie Flyer

thanks
Randy S. Hager
Venus, TX

Dan Thomas

Thanks for all the help in getting these pics on here!
There will be more to come!
At 450 lb gross and 140 sq ft of wing I get 3.21 lb/sq ft, not the published 2.86. Nevertheless, I like this airplane. A two-gallon tank and an hour and a half range with the required 30-minute reserve. Fits most of my flying, though I wouldn't be going very far at 50 mph. It would be a great low and slow airplane over the boundless prairie out here.

Dan