What do you think about "e-soaring"?

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

John.Roo

They look like they have some nice kit
My friend is using Geiger propulsion system in his beautifull trikes. Geiger use modular "plug and play" system working with low voltage.

John.Roo

=SILENT GLIDER looks better...

(aspatially with IMPACT or PHANTOM rigid wings !)

View attachment 105390
Sorry Henryk, in this case I don´t agree. Reason is not design, but control lines.
When you fly airplane you expect how controls are reacting.
When you fly trike, you also know how to fly it.
Most difficult difference to keep on mind are pedals - on trike is control of front wheel opposite in compare with airplane.

In Silent you have special combination.
Controls are looking a little bit like in airplane, but to go up to have to push (like on trike).
To go left or right you use "steering wheel" (I don´t know exact description - look to picture below).
D-M . . ..jpg
You really have to have on mind this "combination" - especially when you fly with more types.

As far I know is was tested also Silent version with control stick
f69cfae3c8.jpg
But than would be probably better to use also "airplane like" pedals system to control front wheel....

GregParker

John.roo
Driving a car if you hold the top of the wheel you move left to go left and right to go right. Hold the bottom of the wheel you move your hand right to go left and left to go right. Why aren’t we all dead?
If that hasn’t blown your mind hold the wheel at 3 or 9 o’clock and you move your hands up and down, seems to work fine???

henryk

John.Roo

John.roo
Driving a car if you hold the top of the wheel you move left to go left and right to go right. Hold the bottom of the wheel you move your hand right to go left and left to go right. Why aren’t we all dead?
If that hasn’t blown your mind hold the wheel at 3 or 9 o’clock and you move your hands up and down, seems to work fine???
I don’t say you should not buy it :) I am just conservative... If all goes perfectly is not a problem. When you have to solve quickly some non-standard situation you will feel the difference. Just my personal opinion ;-)

Bille Floyd

My friend is using Geiger propulsion system in his beautifull trikes. Geiger use modular "plug and play" system working with low voltage.
I thought about going with a trike ; but i didn't want to keep all the
drag of the control frame and control wires. I'm going with the idea
that nestofdragons presented ; for a way lower drag solution :

Attachments

John.Roo

Small generator for single seat "hybrid" airplane?
12,00 kg / 6 kW continuous output power
Or maybe even for two seater :)
29,50 kg / 14 kW continuous output power

John.Roo

=2 kg/ kW ?

-iff=
7 kg , 40 kW BLDC as 3-phase generator (1000 $)

+ 10 kg , 20 kW IC 2-T motor... ? (3000 $)

=(4000 $) , 1 kg/kW ! + some PETROL...
I was also thinking that it is easy... just take BLDC motor, some two stroke engine... connect it together.... but is far not that simple. It only looks simple.

If you don´t beleive me - try to make one :)
Well working and "real life tested" range extending generators are practically not
existing.

blane.c

HBA Supporter
I was also thinking that it is easy... just take BLDC motor, some two stroke engine... connect it together.... but is far not that simple. It only looks simple.

If you don´t beleive me - try to make one :)
Well working and "real life tested" range extending generators are practically not
existing.
It is still "pricey".