• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

What airplane can't be found at Oshkosh?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aerochristian

Hey guys, I've been lurking on here awhile and have enjoyed all the discussions about all the different, new or weird aircraft everybody's been working on, designing or dreaming about and it raises a question for me as I too am now looking for something new to do. And that question is: what airplane doesn't exist but should. Now I know everyone is going to say, well a plane than does 250mph, seats 5, lands in my backyard, takes 50 hrs to build and cost $5,000. But to be realistic, what do you wish you saw at Oshkosh that you could get excited about. Example: the Icon A-5 booth at Oshkosh is always slammed with people and they have gained a huge following and pumped a lot of excitement into the LSA world. So what is it? A bigger, cheaper LSA bushplane? Or how bout a single seat lancair type? Of maybe a new ultralight that actually looks like it wouldn't kill you...what do you guys dream about or hear other people wanting? And again within reason. Whats next or needed in the experimental world to get excited about? thanks

Back