• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Stuck in a birdcage; Allow me to introduce myself!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PorcoRosso

Didn't see an age limit in the ToS and since flying is fun for all ages ;) Best I start getting to know pilots and builders alike early! Still in high-school but always on the trigger when offered anything regarding flying (unless it involves 2 cardboard wings and a rooftop).

My name is Kyle, brought up from 2-3 past generations in the love of flying. My father prefers the smaller R/C stuff, which I happily accompany him when we're out at the DC/RC field, though I enjoy the dream of soaring freely in a plane I constructed myself. I take after my grandfather who owned and flew a Beechcraft Musketeer to watch local airshows, though his passing was before my time and I never got to ride in his plane. I plan on getting my pilot's liscense and turn my dreams into practical designs!..

My only setback? I'm stuck in the no-fly zone of this nation's capitol :tired: Though I am tolerant of their much needed security. It just means I'll have to wait till I graduate to move somewhere with a wonderful campus offering aeronautical engineering as well as a local airpark (Any suggestions? I'm still undecided). Despite being caged here, it hasn't stopped me from learning what I can and designing the ideas I come up with for planes. I decided this place is a wonderful resource for books, experience, and helpful tips alike once I do actually start building!

Despite being on the younger side of the scale, I do hope to fit in here and receive wonderful advice from pilots and builders over my designs and future projects! Trust me, I have a whole two years to plan my first plane out before I'm able to build it :gig:

Back