Minicoupe

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

pwood66889

Thanks, Tim. Guess I muffed something. Or memory faded faster than usual...
And the thirteen and a quarter inches is for the half-width, as AeroWerx noted: "IIRC, the PDF I had showed half the firewall pattern. "

TFF

Without getting plans out and if it’s like the T2, it requires some fab and welding. You might be able to cheat and use a Zenith part for some of it. It was designed in the day where a prefabbed part was only engine, wheels and brakes. The T2 is very simple. I had one I dissected as a teen. It wasn’t worth saving but it was interesting. The Minicoupe is bigger with a 4 ft more span and fuselage, and weighs 150 lb more. It’s not a pure cross over.

Aerowerx

Can you please elaborate whats wrong with nosewheel assembly please?
I don't know. It just seemed like there are too many welded joints, and the whole thing seems rather "clunky". There are other designs that are a lot better.

Remember this is for the Teenie Two, not the Minicoupe.
Capture.JPG

TFF

It’s just not prefab. Not really any more work than any other design, you can’t just buy it. The plane I owned had the steering welded straight which along with a direct drive 440 two stroke which was probably the demise of it. I don’t know what they did to the Windwaggon or Hummel fuselage, but I would not tail dragger a T2 without those updates. That probably goes for the Minicoupe.

pwood66889

Per my plan set, the MiniCoupe nose gear is simpler than the Teenie 2 one from Aerowrex. That drawing does provide the detail for the nose wheel fork that seems to be missing from my plans.
What my plans do show is a straight pipe with plates welded on at an angle. Those plates provide the pivot points. A steering rod runs from the bottom of the rudder bar to a link on the arm. I can try for pictures if of interest.
And if interest fades, I'll take the carcus for MyMonoCoupe - a single-place Ercoupe with linked nose gear and rudder.

JaTro

Still waiting for Mr. Dixon reply with banking details. I wonder, are there any other alloy plans for single seat low wing scratch build available? I know and like work of Leeon Davis. But, some other plans?

Riggerrob

MacDonald S-22 is a similar all-metal, low-wing, VW engine, etc. The prototype was a tail-dragger. With its single fin, it has a more "classic" look. With a few cosmetic changes to the spinner, cowling and turtledeck, it could become a stand-off-scale Messerschmitt 109.

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
Still waiting for Mr. Dixon reply with banking details. I wonder, are there any other alloy plans for single seat low wing scratch build available? I know and like work of Leeon Davis. But, some other plans?
Many people build their Sonex expressly as a (spacious) single seater. The plans are available from Sonex, along with parts if you want them.

Thatcher CX4 is a plans built design, too.

Last edited:

Jerry Lytle

"What my plans do show is a straight pipe with plates welded on at an angle. "

Pray tell what size pipe? and is it gas or water?

1Bad88

Did you ever have luck contacting him? I also was unsuccessful. I hope that we didn't just lose these two designs.

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mod note: If you're looking for the Sonerai discussion that this thread drifted into, it's been moved into its own thread in this section.