Quantcast

Minicoupe

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Aerowerx

Its a lot more work to build a modified version of a proven, existing design, than to build per plans, but much less work than starting from scratch to develop a “totally hew design”.

Almost every airplane in existence has adopted features of previous designs.

BJC
I should have been more clear.

It is ok to borrow ideas from an existing design, but you have to admit that quite often that someone sees a "StarBuster XYZ" and starts proposing changes to it. Then after a few iterations, it should no longer be called "StarBuster XYZ", IMHO. I have even seen a notation on some plans to the effect: "If you make any changes, do not call it a "StartBuster XYZ" and I [the designer, not me] absolve myself from all responsibility."

FritzW

Log Member
It did fly w/o the cable but (IIRC) just short, straight hops. It never had roll or yaw control. ...but the pilot stood up in the cockpit which is pretty cool

Tiger Tim

So anyways, I think we were talking about a neat little twin-finned single seater that tragically took my first choice in names for a miniature Monocoupe...

Does anyone have any info on reasonable max/min pilot sized for a ‘coupe built to plans?

Derswede

Might want to get up with the Kimball's. They have already built a MaxiCoupe (McCullocoupe) with a P&W R985 or a Russian M14P powering them, the next iteration should be a MiniCoupe or a MicroCoupe. Tho the Clipwing was tight in any case, standard comment was "Are you wearing deodorant?" before flight. If you go small, it becomes a single place rather rapidly. Stock Clipwing span was only 23'.
Derswede

pfbc29

He should have waited for the invention of photoshop before posting that one.

(Yes, before any Brazilian/French historians get upset I know it was a test rig and that the 14 bis did fly free)
No, it was the initial tests, pulled by horses to test the stability, on the day of the first flight, it was free form.