Quantcast

Magnet motor

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJC

HBA Supporter
Finally, a motor that runs on the FM principle. I understand that VW is looking for a low-emissions power source to replace its diesels. Perhaps they will mass produce this device. All they will need is a magic chip and some Molier Air Car investors.

BJC

Aerowerx

Only skeptical? I snorked Diet Coke out through my nose. ;)
Well, if it makes you feel any better, Topaz, I didn't watch the video---stopped it as soon as I saw the "free energy" statement!

Wasn't there someone several months ago that was proposing an electric motor that has reciprocating piston-like magnets instead of the normal rotor/stator? Also made some fantastic claims, IIRC.

DangerZone

HBA Supporter
magnet motor, on sale soon

[video=youtube;mHW6b1aFPfU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHW6b1aFPfU[/video]
This is funny, I used to present this video to people without electronic engineering background to show them how some European institutions fall for a very simple scam... :D

Is the Dutch Delft University still falling for that or did they manage to understand how the trick is done? I mean, if they are willing to pay for a return flight ticket to their University and a lunch to demistify this trickery - I'll be glad to do it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

bmcj

HBA Supporter
I smell a rat. Looks scammish to me, though it does raise a question in my mind...

Is it possible to draw energy from a magnet by depleting its magnetic properties, and if so, how much energy is there?

PTAirco

I smell a rat. Looks scammish to me, though it does raise a question in my mind...

Is it possible to draw energy from a magnet by depleting its magnetic properties, and if so, how much energy is there?
Always wondered that myself....

Aerowerx

No need for batteries. Just capture a miniature black hole and let air molecules fall into it. The moving air turns the fan blade, which then provides the power.
:roll:

12notes

Lifetime Supporter
Log Member
I think magnets are more like springs, whatever energy you get out of them must be expended to get back to your initial state. Except it's reversed in the case of the magnet, you gain energy when a ferrous material moves close to it, and lose energy by moving the object away. You don't get energy out of a spring by destroying it's springiness. It takes energy to demagnetize something, I think you can't even theoretically get energy out that way.

This is my unqualified scientific opinion based on unreliable memory and possibly flawed logic. Resemblence to real facts, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

DangerZone

HBA Supporter

Yes. And no.

Yes in a sense of using the magnetic field, magnetic induction and magnetic flux of a magnet to achieve the conservation of momentum. This is entirely possible, tested in a lab and Space, and explained both in theory and practice.

No in a sense as shown in the scam: that magnets could 'power' a generator and that one could 'extract' energy from the perpetual motion. There are various kinds of magnetic motors, the most common kind are the ones with electric magnets to do work. Electric energy in, work out. There are also some motors with magnets which can be rotated or moved (conditionally) until the magnets actually demagnetize. Hence there is also no 'free energy' or energy-out-of-thin-air but the energy spent to magnetize some ferrites is larger than the energy produced by the work of them.

How much energy is there, or can there be in a magnet? A lot. The electromagnetic force is (one of) the strongest yet the understanding of it is limited by our current (human) technology. Many consider Neodymium magnets to be strong yet there are some forms of magnets which are limitless in force. But the math is quite simple, the energy introduced into a magnetic medium is always larger than what is gotten out of this magnet, whatever it's form. Some superpowerful magnets can twist the atom suborbitals so much to alter chemical states and transform one matter into another.

Finally, many planets are basically magnets which rotate around. When their magneticisms (or magnetic properties) are depleted, they often stop rotating. Hopefully this answers some of the mentioned questions, I'm not really too good at explaining stuff.

Hot Wings

Grumpy Cynic
HBA Supporter
Log Member
How much energy is there, or can there be in a magnet? A lot. The electromagnetic force is (one of) the strongest yet the understanding of it is limited by our current (human) technology.
This video has me thinking. :suprised: It sure looks like there is work being done?

[video=youtube;Vo2-Qb3fUYs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo2-Qb3fUYs[/video]

M

Manticore

Lots of simple explanations of this sort of scam:
Fake perpetual motion machines you can build.
eg.
"The Hammel spinner and related devices are all over the internet these days [2012]. Those that work have the common feature of a magnet held in the hand near a spinning disk or wheel that has permanent magnets. Videos show the wheel turning, supposedly forever, or until you get tired of holding the magnet.

Where does the energy come from? From the hand holding the magnet, through the idemotor effect. See Why won't my perpetual motion machine work? Always be suspicious of any claimed PMM device that only works when someone holds a magnet near it.

One of the first devices of this sort was Howard Johnson's magnetic motor, Permanent magnet motor which was patented in 1979."

Other videos on the web show similar devices but with the outlying magnet fastened in place, or mechanically linked to the motion of the wheel. These are faked.

BJC

HBA Supporter
magnet motor, on sale soon

[video=youtube;mHW6b1aFPfU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHW6b1aFPfU[/video]
Anyone know if this really was sponsored by Delft?

Or was it something done in a Delft facility, perhaps sponsored by the Delft Student's Perpetual Motion Society?

BJC

Topaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Log Member
Anyone know if this really was sponsored by Delft?

Or was it something done in a Delft facility, perhaps sponsored by the Delft Student's Perpetual Motion Society?...
Likely something more like, "Free donuts in the conference room at 12:30! Oh, and some guys are here to show something to us."

Reactions: BJC
Status
Not open for further replies.