Quantcast

LMA Build in the UK, to SSDR spec.

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

flywheel1935

Am I not seeing this correctly or is the right side of the fuselage frame not properly triangulated? Picture an upward load at the front landing gear attachment; the door sill area is basically four-cornered. I would at least put a full sized gusset over the whole area or add a diagonal.
Correct, but that's how the plans show the door area, also as this a 'scale build 85%, the door is smaller than it looks, all gussets on this build are twice as large as original to give bigger bond area, and there is a gusset on the inside of the door opening, it's not perfect, but that's what I'm working with.

flywheel1935

Spent the morning in the hangar, weather here in the UK nice and warm for the time of year, Managed to bond in the 'hardpoints' for the lift strut and jury strut onto the front and rear spars, and fixed the wing root attach brackets to the front spar, plan to get both wings finished by month end, then can mock up for control system to ailerons, that are not built yet. More pics to follow in the next few days. Now have a choice of engines from a ROTAX 447, ROTAX 562, or a Hewland 3 pot from an ARV, Hewland looks good at this point.20200725_125508 (1).jpg