LMA Build in the UK, to SSDR spec.

Discussion in 'Tube and Fabric' started by flywheel1935, Jun 1, 2019.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Jun 1, 2019 #1

flywheel1935

flywheel1935

flywheel1935

Hi Guys, I've moved my build thread to this area as I cant seem to post anymore pics !!!!
    Anyway here in the UK I'm building a LMA Taylorcraft but to Single Seat Microlight spec. The build manual is very poorly written, any one on your side of the pond built an Alloy Frame LMA, could do with extra pics. as manual drawings are very limited.

Attached Files:

cdlwingnut and Little Scrapper like this.
  2. Jun 9, 2019 #2

flywheel1935

flywheel1935

flywheel1935

Update on progress!, although I'm building to Single Seat Deregulated spec ,SSDR in the UK, I've kept the fuselage 'wide' as per 2 seater. I've build manuals and drawings for the LMA CUB too
    so along side the current build I'll build a pure single seat airframe as Wings/Tail-feathers/Engine etc can be transposed to the 'New' fuselage. Still could do with Alloy LMA build pics though. IMG_1904.JPG IMG_1906.JPG IMG_1905.JPG

cdlwingnut likes this.
  3. Jun 11, 2019 at 4:38 AM #3

Tiger Tim

Tiger Tim

Tiger Tim

I didn’t even know LMA did aluminum airframes. I always thought they were all wood.

4. Jun 11, 2019 at 3:06 PM #4

flywheel1935

flywheel1935

flywheel1935

Hi Tiger Tim, think thats the major issue !!!! Fred McCullen, as I understand started the kits in Alloy, but as time went on he went back to wood, so all/most of his later stuff was in wood,
    hence I cant find much on the Alloy frame builds. The basic use off bonded alloy seems OK, its just his designs are very poorly described, so me and my co-builder, are just using the basic kit of parts to re-design the plane to suit.

Attached Files:

cdlwingnut likes this.