• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Industrial Designer and aviation enthusiast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmattisonav8r

Greetings friends,

I am an Industrial Designer who has spent 3 years working on GA aircraft, and the past year taking on freelance clients. I have worked on business jets, Single Engine pistons, and single engine turbo-props. Aviation in general seems to be losing its approachability and coolness. Huge advances have been made to automate, make more efficient, and uneventful. I think aviation SHOULD be an event. buzzing along at 8000 ft for 4 hrs is NOT fun. My breaking point and obsessive sketching started on a particularly grueling biz trip where I couldn't leave until I downloaded a few movies to my phone.

I'm here because I have decided to try and design an aircraft with fun and the love of aviation being the driving factors. I discovered to love of flight in a 1940s Taylor Craft, and no 600k to 3 million dollar machines I've been in has been able to get to the point of aviation. I chose a motorcycle layout to maximize the "cool factor" and reach out to thrill seekers. I don't know where this is going in terms of weather I will actually set out to make it or weather life and maturity will beat me into submission buuuuuuttt. Why the hell not.

I have no engineering background and since I went to art school, I am seriously lacking in the math dept. What I lack in math, I make up for in composite manufacturing knowlege (from a production standpoint) and obsessive compulsiveness. I have deployed tools such as X-plane and Rhino 3d and creativity to bring this project to fruition.

BTW I have started to fly my local C152 whenever life lets me and, there it is, there's the fun!! I want to make a modern C152.

I may attach a few sketches and X-plane models if anyone is interested.

bikeremnder.jpg

Back