• Become a Premium Member today!

Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Why become a Premium Member?

• Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts.
    • Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

Become a Premium Member today and experience HomebuiltAirplanes.com to the fullest!

Upgrade Now

Good aluminum ultralight - FAR 103?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rukiryo

Hey guys,

It looks like I'm going to have a window of opportunity over the next 8 months to finally build an airplane (in this case an ultralight).
I love the look (and price) of the affordaplane, as well as the plans for it. However I'm told it's nearly impossible to get in the legal weight range for 103 (which is 254 lbs). Does anyone know anyone who's done it? Is it possible?

If not possible, what are some other (preferably aluminum) ultralights that are good for a first time build? Transportation from the garage -> airport needs to be relatively easy (removable/folding wings). My friend and I are pretty serious about building one, we've got everything prepared except for choosing the actual plane to make!

Ideally pure-plans, not a kit. I want to build as much of this thing as is possible (not the engine :S )

Thanks!

Back