Ducted fan aircraft

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
Malish,
Thanks for the update. This is the type of thing that keeps imaginations fired up.

henryk

I think it's went well. We had pretty good ecceleration on begining of the run. We did gain about 40km/h in 50 meters, but we had only 100 meters of "runway"(the factury driveway). If this trend will continue, aircraft can get TO speed(150-160km/h) on the run of 200-250 m. But off cause it's only estimate. We will need to have

about 1500m runway

to try get it of the ground and land on same runway without making full flight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGu-HD3bmlM

=iff...?

PS=acceletation a=V^2/2s=1.2 m/s^2

Malish

Not really. We have to remove wings and stabilizers to get it outside. But it takes about 2-3 hrs to take them off and install it back!P2090980 (Large).jpgHere's the gate in front of airplane.

dirk_D

Cool plane! Can't wait for the youtube clips.

Unsure if this is the right thread for this or to start another; what do you guys think of mixed flow fans for propulsion?
Dyson use them, airliners use them for the toilet vacuum pump, Troybilt make a great leaf blower with them.
My understanding is they are a hybrid of centrifigul and axial to get best of both designs.
Centrifigul aspect gives low end kick and axial aspect gives the high end flow.
Alot of stuff is patented, but the aircraft toilet pump could be argued as the originator of the idea.

Malish

Finalized W&B of PJ-II. With all weights calculated this airplane can fly with two pilots and full fuel(Over MTOW) within CG! Even with only pilot in the back seat it's remaining in working CG diapason. P2090978 (Large).jpg

Doggzilla

HBA Supporter
Ducted fan for sale on Ebay. New aircraft to me, RFB Fan Trainer.

RFB Fantrainer 600 Airplane | eBay
This is one of the examples I always like to use. Despite being in the same power and weight class as most twins, it can climb at substantially higher rates. Even though it has a very small wing area. The predicessor was also said to have excellent acceleration despite rather low power.... so fans do have an advantage when it comes to climb and acceleration. Substantial advantage in climb, almost to an unbelievable level.

Malish

This is one of the examples I always like to use. Despite being in the same power and weight class as most twins, it can climb at substantially higher rates. Even though it has a very small wing area. The predicessor was also said to have excellent acceleration despite rather low power.... so fans do have an advantage when it comes to climb and acceleration. Substantial advantage in climb, almost to an unbelievable level.
Yes. They are VERY EXPENSIVE and I know that