• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Dragging Brake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dviglierchio

Didn't know where to post this. It's not really a beginner question but then maybe it is.....
I have a left brake that drags. I have replaced the master cylinder, the pistons in the brake body, the o-rings on the pistons, and the brake pads. I have removed and polished the pins (checked and they are not bent) that slide in the sleeves for the caliper body. I polished out the sleeves and lubricated both with both wet and dry lubricants (two different tries) and verified the assembly moves smoothly. All the components appear to be parallel and tightly installed.
I have to drag a right brake for a couple hundred feet down the runway to take off and always have to tap the right brake to taxi.... I am totally stumped.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

Back