• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Cost of flying.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PTAirco

Survey Shows Costs Limit Flying

All I can say is, well, duh....Who would have thought?

Interesting that many quoted $8.00 per gallon as their limit, then they would give up flying. I suspect they won't, but likely fly a lot less or fly smaller aircraft.

I suppose we all have a personal limit, except for a very few lucky individuals. When I reach mine, I guess I will have to hang a Diesel engine on an airplane and make my own fuel. Or hope batteries get better and cheaper.

Back