• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Around the world in a tea daze! advice please :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happy.Hippy

Hey guys! litrally joined the site to post this, because after going through the site, i can tell there is alot of knowledge and enthusiasm on here, and i intend to stick around :)

but here goes.

I intend to design and build my own... contraption... I plan on using aluminium tubing, should be a two seater. I'm leaning towards a weight shift design for ease, though a plane may be better for what I want to do.

Here comes the hard part. I want it to fold down into a bag, one of those big camping rucksacks. I have given thought to it just being able to fold down into a drivable trike type thing (meaning switching the motor from powering the prop to powering the wheels. Thoughts on these aspects would be apreciated specifically.

The other... challange... is that I then intend to fly around the world in it, so how reliable would any contraption be over a 15,000 mile journey lasting up to a year, generally through quite remote places, and what vital spares should i take?

Lastly, the navogation, I wont have radar, gps blah blah blah, so how big of a problem will it be?

(please, please, please no neih sayers, I'm not too pickled if i dont make it around, i'm doing it, so helpful advice only please :) )

peace and love x

Back