• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

A New Year - And HBA.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Topaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
The turn of the year always puts me in a mood to look at my life and what the coming year might bring, and what I can bring to my little corner of the world through my own efforts.

As I scroll through the "new posts" feed this morning, I'm struck by how vibrant and diverse this community is and all the fascinating topics we discuss in our forum. Jake has created a truly amazing place here for us to use, and we use it well. We've had our ups and downs, struggles and laughs, but our not-so-little group has become something truly special in the world. You can't run an Internet search on anything even remotely related to aircraft homebuilding without an HBA thread on the subject popping up in the results, and so we've become a resource for anyone looking at building their own wings, whether they're a member or not. We still feel the loss of the late, great, Orion (Bill Husa), but I'm pleased to see old members and new step up and fill their own small portions of his shoes.

What I'm really saying, I suppose, is thank you. Thank you Jake, for raising this roof where we can talk about something we all hold dear. Thank you, my fellow moderators and our sysadmin Nathan, for your ceaseless efforts chasing down spammers and for the very little bit of nudging we have to do now and again to keep the boards on the straight and narrow. And most especially the biggest thank you to all our members, lurkers, readers, and visitors. 99.9% of what makes this place so amazing is your doing. HBA is almost ten years old (!), and we're one of the few online forums on any topic that is still alive and vibrant after some much time. Other homebuilding-related forums have come and gone, usually in argument and acrimony, but you folks have made this a friendly place to come talk about airplanes with our friends.

Thank you for that.

Back