21st century Volksplane?

Discussion in 'Aircraft Design / Aerodynamics / New Technology' started by cluttonfred, May 8, 2011.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Sep 18, 2019 #3361

blane.c

blane.c

blane.c

Well-Known Member HBA Supporter

I have been trying to find a way to respond to Mr. Clark. This is a kind and well intended offer. It has taken some time to frame a reply. I am personally afraid of the cable gear. Most of a decade has past since this fool has flown and most of another is likely to pass before I have an airplane to fly. I am willing to take a little more time, save up and spend some money on a Grove free standing gear.

I am appreciative of the offer, I really am. Thank you. Blane.

https://www.homebuiltairplanes.com/forums/threads/cable-braced-landing-gear.25122/#post-327995

2. Sep 19, 2019 #3362

Eddie Clark

Eddie Clark

Eddie Clark

No offence taken as to your not wanting the gear. It came from a parted out VP years ago, and was give to me by a friend. I wanted it for the tires and wheels to use on a non-flying cart to use in the yard. It had old floating disk brakes that had corroded up so bad, that they were not usable for anything. Eddie Clark.

blane.c likes this.
  3. Sep 25, 2019 #3363

David H

David H

David H

Mr. Clark, Blane is in my EAA club and we were talking about the VP landing gear that you have. Can you give more details? Do you know the type of aluminum stock it was made from? I may be interested - I am in the very early stages of building a VP1.

4. Sep 26, 2019 #3364

Eddie Clark

Eddie Clark

Eddie Clark

Hi, David. As I stated, the gear was given to me by a friend, who retrieved it from a (non- wrecked) VP-1. I would assume though, that is made of 7075 T-6. The only way to know for sure, would be to have a Brenell test done. I think I spelled that correctly. Anyway, you get the idea. Wish I could provide more info. But that's all I know. If you have ever been to Triple Tree Aerodrome, I am the one that restored the 1937 award winning Spartan Executive there. Also, I have built 4 of the Nick Jones White Lightnings in the past. Just to give you some of my background. If you haven't heard of Triple Tree, look up the web site. You will enjoy I'm sure.

5. Sep 27, 2019 #3365

David H

David H

David H

Sounds good If you are still interested in seeing it put back in a VP1 send me a note phrogflyerch46@gmail.com