• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

White Lightning inspired design

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Attached is a drawing of my White Lightning inspired design. Obviously in a very early stage of dreaming here...

I'm attempting to take some of the good features of the WL and apply it to what in my mind is a more practically useable design. Specifically that means fixed Wittman style landing gear (reduces necessary structure in fuselage or wings), a couple of inches more shoulder and head room, and more wing area and span.

Obviously this bird would in no way compete with the performance of the WL but I think by following some of its design philosophies one could expect to cruise somewhere around 160 kts.

Some specs that aren't on the drawing-

200 HP O-360 with CS prop
All composite
4 seats

Interested to hear comments on the general feasibility of this idea.View attachment Scan.pdf

Back