What do you think?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Topaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Log Member
Every time you've posted a picture of that thing I get the desire to learn to fly helicopters. And I don't even particularly like helicopters! :gig:

Sexy as hell. Market it right and it'll sell. Tough market, single-seat helicopters, but then you already know that. Given the build quality I saw at Flabob in your earlier design, if this is anywhere close you'll garner a LOT of interest.

TFF

CH58, Piasecki, JetRanger, H 500, 269 or TH 55, F28C, R22, Brantly head chopper,Rotor Mouse

Jman

Site Developer
Looking great Don. I think you should hang a couple of baggage compartments off the side disguised as 2.75 inch rocket pods....

TFF

It looks cool. I do have a design problem with the tail rotor and the fin on top of each other. All the designs like that are the LTE evil helis. Unshrouding it like an Enstrom or a Fenestron just about eliminates that problem.

D Hillberg

Its a pusher and 15 " of flow clearance from the fins, Not a problem, will use wide chord blades. And I do have a coanda/fan fin in the works (part notar ,part fenstron) or as translated-little window.

GlassVampire

I was going to say, looks like a shark, but then I saw what you named it! :)

Thats one sleek, sweet looking 'copter. I flew on CH53e's, what your est. top speed?

D Hillberg

The Rotor Mouse was 160 mph cruise and this one has 5 hp more and more aerodynamic and lower (Blade Eliment) disk loading vne 212 mph- See youtube Rotormouse.mov and ask yourself is this true?