Quantcast

What aviation news, blogs or e-mail newsletters do you actively read?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Mad MAC

HBA
AVweb

Classic Wings (NZ mag)
Aviation trader (Ozzie Mag)

The occasional youtube (blancolirio mainly) but find its a pretty slow way to get information (I can read faster than presenters talk).

TurbAero

Lifetime Supporter
Printed documents - Kitplanes, EAA Sport Aviation

Forums - HBA, Lancair Owners, Vans Air Force, EAA forums, Recreationalflying.com (Australian oriented)

Youtube - Raptor videos, Mike Patey videos, Mojogrip (Mile Ojo), Wasabi (Elliott and Justin), DarkAero

Facebook - Lightning Bug experimental aircraft, Arion Aircraft owners and enthusiasts, Velocity Builders and Pilots, Raptor North America and Raptor Worldwide, The Voodoo Diaries (Jeff Kerlo’s high speed canard), Factory X Composites

Websites - Barnstormers, AvWeb, Kathryn’s report, ByDanJohnson, TurbAero 😜

koyama

I have a few favorites, but they are all YouTube channels, I tend to focus on industry news and training related material (you should never get far from learning, no matter how much you fly).
All of these have a very positive attitude and excellent quality material, here they are in no specific order:

Learn the Finer Points: The Finer Points
Mentour Pilot: Mentour Pilot
Flight Chops: FlightChops
Air Safety Institute: Air Safety Institute
Aero News Network: Aero-News Network
Captain Joe: Captain Joe
Coby Explanes: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQG9nN7aOAcZZZiaFV9UxPA
AVWeb: AVweb
ERAU SpecialVFR: ERAU SpecialVFR
Scott Manley: Scott Manley
Dutch Pilot Girl: DutchPilotGirl

ultralajt

Ocasionally I visit this forum, othervise really dont read much on Internet, or when I did, I did not allow to have much influence on me, as I rely on my own large aviation books archive-collection, so I am pretty firm in my knowledge. Of course, i really enjoy looking on youtube all interesting stuff, like Mike Pattey videos and for instance videos of restorations of some interesting aeroplanes.. ect. But that is mostly to expand awareness of what is going on, not to guide me ito particular way. In meantime I am accepting some design features, when I found some on the net and feel that I can use it in my project.
Uff.. I am narcis?

Stay safe guys, and I wish a happy day to all of you!

Winginitt

Kitplanes, Sport Aviation, and used to get Contact Magazine but I think they went out of business. EAA webinars and Utube are good sources of info also. The Sport Aviation format is my least favorite. I used to really like the older style of EAA magazines, but its more about semi corporate level stuff than grass roots now. Almost never has stuff about the people building low dollar airplanes or converting engines for aircraft use. I wish Kitplanes would interview people at major airshows and do stories on their engines ......especially converted ones.

Dave Shaw

Mags: Kitplanes, Sport Aviation, AOPA,
AvWeb, ANN, HBA, EAA Forums, Type groups such as FlyBaby etc
No Facebook

lowrider47

I belong to EAA and receive there magazine and e-mails, plus one of my boy's is a shop foreman in a shop that builds WWII airplanes and my other boy is building an RV6 and also flys one while I fly my minny-max. So don't need to read much, if I am wondering about something I will ask or go watch or help them. Also no pop up adds when I do that...

PixiePilot

I have a few favorites, but they are all YouTube channels, I tend to focus on industry news and training related material (you should never get far from learning, no matter how much you fly).
All of these have a very positive attitude and excellent quality material, here they are in no specific order:

Learn the Finer Points: The Finer Points
Mentour Pilot: Mentour Pilot
Flight Chops: FlightChops
Air Safety Institute: Air Safety Institute
Aero News Network: Aero-News Network
Captain Joe: Captain Joe
Coby Explanes: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQG9nN7aOAcZZZiaFV9UxPA
AVWeb: AVweb
ERAU SpecialVFR: ERAU SpecialVFR
Scott Manley: Scott Manley
Dutch Pilot Girl: DutchPilotGirl