• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Universal electronic ignition options?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

13brv3

Supporting Member
Greetings,

Does anyone know of an off the shelf electronic ignition system that can be adapted to multiple engines? I'm thinking maybe a kit that has the sensors and magnets or optical encoder wheel that you'd be responsible for mounting. The electronics module would need to be programmable for various engines.

My current need would be for a v-twin industrial engine. I'd want it to be able to retard the spark for hand propping, then handle advance by RPM. It would be wasted spark since I only have access to the crank for triggering. Light weight is another big requirement since it would be for an ultralight.

There, easy right :)

Back