• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Turbinized

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turbinized

Hey Guys building 400gal dash1 715hp Garrett A model Ag-cat. Workhorse to feed the family. I own STC's to install Garrett turbine power from Radial 1340 600hp Ag-Cats. I am commercial,twin,instrument rated,A&P. I and my father have been building Ag-cats for all
my life, my father started the business. I have 3000 turbine Ag hours Work in Ag-Cats and Air tractors.
I have been building complete Garrett Turbine conversions, electrical systems, welding, painting, straightening, twisted metal, frames, and hold my on patent for tail wheel conversion,
that does not shimmy!!!!
Looking to use my talents other places, tired of building workhorse's, wanna put some Garrett in some fast plastic, lol. Wana go 400+ before times up. Hey got tons of connections for power units under $75,000 800+hp. Just gotta jig it frame and Balance it
The major difference in turbine power and piston power is the HORSE POWER rating is continuous not limited to minutes as long as you are not over temp OR over torque, 800 HP is Continouis. Garrett's can run so crazy hours we have seen numbers like 27000 hours, in Ag work the rules aren't as stricked, So it's run what brung, till it don't run no mo. Then you try to survive the rice feild role it up, and build another. Ag plane's see some bruttle life sometimes 60 to 100 rough feild landings a day. It's a great life but you build your own or know somebody truly the toughest business to get in to, 14 hour days,
they all run together, till you don't know what day it is.

Last edited:
Back