Too many barn finds.

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

wiloows5050

Log Member
I recently got offer 5 funk aircraft, (3) 70 models and (2) 80 models. These are only airframes only, no engines or props, they have airframe log books and the instruments that were installed on the airframes . They were offered to me as a package, take all 5 and I can have them free. Originally the plan was to take them finish them and sell them. Two of the airframes are almost finished. If they don’t find a home by spring I may take them and scrap three of the fuselages and finish the other two. These are located at KMCC or nearby. My though was to mention them here and see if enough people wanted one to be able to find homes for all 5. The larger ones take O-200 and the small take C-85. I have to many projects and a DH-82a tiger moth restoration I’m working on. Size wise I think they are about the same as a Chief or a small Taylor craft.

wiloows5050

Log Member
That’s why I brought them up. At some point if they don’t find homes they will be scrapped, not by me. I don’t have the room for that many airframes. Saving two would be better than seeing all 5 going to the dump.

BJC

HBA Supporter
Id take one if you werent all the way in cali
If you really want it ...

I drove to Oshkosh 1970, from middle Georgia, with three old guys, in a $400 car. Would have been less, except for the four new recaps. Only had to stop and work on it twice. Where there is a will, there is a way.

BJC

rv7charlie

Only 32 Covid-infested hours (one way), for me. I really wish I could take you up on the offer, but I'm in the same shape you're in. The family CEO will never let me bring another project into the hangar, until I finish the world's slowest build RV7.

There was a Funk slowly deteriorating for years in one of our local airport hangars. I periodically considered tracking down the owner, and one day it disappeared. Hope you can find good homes for them; they really are cool little a/c.

Flyguyeddy

HBA Supporter
Only 32 Covid-infested hours (one way), for me. I really wish I could take you up on the offer, but I'm in the same shape you're in. The family CEO will never let me bring another project into the hangar, until I finish the world's slowest build RV7.

There was a Funk slowly deteriorating for years in one of our local airport hangars. I periodically considered tracking down the owner, and one day it disappeared. Hope you can find good homes for them; they really are cool little a/c.
29 hrs for me

pfarber

Only 32 Covid-infested hours (one way), for me.
Are you stopping and licking every random person you drive by?

I mean what the what... you're in a CAR doing 70mph+. Your risk of catching the Kung Flu is just not even an issue.

Geeze the media has really screwed up a lot of peoples heads.

In the past month I've been to: Las Vegas, New Jersey, New York and all over PA. In the past year you can add: Hong Kong, Japan, Vietnam, California, Texas and a few more that I most likely forgot. If anyone wants to pay for my Covid Test I'll prove that i've never been infected.

And then I read about the suckers that haven't left their homes in months. LOL WUT.

davidb

I’m just down the road at KVCB. How good/bad are the airframes? Best guess on how much work to get them airworthy other than firewall forward?

wiloows5050

Log Member
If anyone is interested in just one of the funks let me know. They finally relented and are going to dispose of them one at a time. They have more or less completed except no engine or propeller. They are free you just have to pick up from Sacramento ca.