Sun n Fun 2020

Help Support


Well-Known Member
Mar 11, 2007
Central Coast of California
I teach covering seminars at SnF for Stewart Systems. We have heard that the board running SnF will make final decision on April 17th regarding the new date. I suspect the new date was chosen due to the Thunderbirds schedule; they are a huge draw of gate revenue for SnF. The Thunderbirds are (or maybe were) scheduled to be in Ft. Lauderdale on May 1-2 and Beale AFB May 9 & 10; maybe they agreed to squeeze in a show at SnF since they are already in Florida, I don't know. That could be a factor in the selection of the date but I'm just guessing here. This would have possibly allowed the Thunderbirds to reschedule; a huge draw. In any event, the rescheduled date came out before the CDC recommended the 50 or less meeting size for a minimum of 8 weeks; the new date falls within that window. My feeling is that it is unlikely that SnF will be held due to that 8 week recommendation unless some significant changes in the virus takes place prior to April 17th. Our company is doubtful the event will happen at this point.

As for Airventure; not sure at all. By end of July things may be ok but who knows. I'm leaving that open in my schedule at this time and hope to be teaching there again this year.

Last edited:


Aug 8, 2019
Detroit Area, Michigan
I have heard a few rumblings from higher-ups in EAA that AV will likely get axed this year. May just be hearsay at this point, but I wouldn't count on this virus petering out by July.

I had planned to go this year, but regardless of whether it's happening or not, I'll wait till '21. I don't want the added stress of trying to cancel lodging bookings at the last minute, nor do I know if I'll have a job at that point to be spending on the event.

Try to stay safe everyone.
Group Builder