• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Sterba props

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N8053H

I do not come onto the internet and bad mouth anyone or try not to anyway. But this needs to be told.

I needed a prop and called Sterba props. He made me another prop for another airplane and I loved it. I place my order and send half down like he wants. He builds my prop and I receive it. First it had another name on the shipping label and address. From this I would say he farmed this work out. I get the prop and its not correct. Its not for my engine or what I ordered. I package or box the prop back up, put a note in with it saying what was wrong and sent it back to Ed Sterba and not the name and address on the box the prop came in. I wanted Ed to see what I received, and I wait, and wait and wait. I hear nothing. I drop him an e-mail and nothing.

A good friend who is also a member here I do believe, after he hears of this he tries to mediate this for me between the two of us. Ed Sterba and myself that is. He calls me and says he is having no luck either. Here its been almost 4 months and I am still out a couple hundred bucks.

I should have kept the prop and hung the darn thing on the wall. At least I would have had something to look at for my 200 bucks. Never again will I order a sterba prop. I went with another manufacturer for this prop.

My buddy told me he has dealt with Sterba and not once has he had any problems. I told him I too dealt with him and was a happy camper. Until I ordered this prop. I wonder what gives? My wife wants me to go a step farther. I have kinda dropped it. But this is not right. If he does not want to return my money return the darn prop. Even if its not correct. I will hang the darn thing.

Tony Sweet

Back