Spacewalker

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Little Scrapper

HBA Supporter
Log Member
At the mall today with my family and we saw an older RC airplane hanging from the ceiling. It was Spacewalker with a 8' wingspan.

I'm curious, we're these ever popular? In older Sport Aviation issues there's a couple but not many. It seems like a pretty fun airplane.
20170414_181500.jpg

TFF

They still sell plans. They are on the high side for just looking and not building. I would like to see the wing plans as its a catalivered wood wing. I know it has a beefy laminated spars.

Turd Ferguson

Somebody built a Spacewalker and substituted basswood for spruce as main wing spars. That plane suffered inflight structural failure and killed 2 people. Despite being purely a builder fault, a lot of people felt like there was a problem with design. I thought it was a cool little plane.

skier

They were much more popular as RC models than full scale. The RC ones are pretty good looking.

Kyle Boatright

A friend of mine built a beautiful Spacewalker II. It had an O-200 and impeccable fabric. Effectively, it was a low wing, open cockpit Cub. When he was ready to give up flying, he put it on Barnstormers and got $17k, IIRC. Very disappointing for such a nice airplane.

I'm pretty sure this is the airplane:

http://rs520.pbsrc.com/albums/w328/snaildrake/Airplanes/spacesmall2.jpg~c200

I'm very interested in building a Spacewalker 1 some day. Beautiful little airplane.

Little Scrapper

HBA Supporter
Log Member
A friend of mine built a beautiful Spacewalker II. It had an O-200 and impeccable fabric. Effectively, it was a low wing, open cockpit Cub. When he was ready to give up flying, he put it on Barnstormers and got $17k, IIRC. Very disappointing for such a nice airplane.

I'm pretty sure this is the airplane:

http://rs520.pbsrc.com/albums/w328/snaildrake/Airplanes/spacesmall2.jpg~c200

I'm very interested in building a Spacewalker 1 some day. Beautiful little airplane.
My list of airplanes I want is getting long. A single hole spacewalker with a radial would be rad.

Kevin N

The single seater is one that an A65 engine will give you adequate performance. There is still a lot of A65's around that can be bought reasonable. They are AIRCRAFT engines, thats a good thing.

FritzW

Log Member
Does anyone have a link to a plans distributor for the single seat Spacewalker/Revolution I? (not the two holer with the front cockpit covered over)