• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

South Korean autoengines...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chlomo

Greetings everyone!So..another thread about auto engine conversion. Here goes.Where I live in (Seoul, Korea) the roads are practically teeming with Hyundais and Kias(though the percentages have dwindled somewhat in the last few years) which leads me to think those might be a potential option.Thing is.. I don't have any measurable experience with cars(As a college dude I've been driving for... 3 months now?).Yes it would be ideal if German or Japanese high performance reliable engines could come in handy but we all must face the realiy and venture into practical solutions. (My hats waaaaay off to Germans! )It is my understanding Korean automakers have found there way in north american markets these recent years(I am surprised!) and some of you may have one or owned one in the past..Are they reliable enough for usage in 80hp LSA aircraft?Any likelihood of easy conversion?I harbor some skepticism especially for the lower end product line such as accent.Replys are deeply appreciated!

Back