Roadable aircrafr

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

delta

I personally am glad to see this thread bouncing around again. It would be much more regulation friendly to have three wheels or less here in America and weigh less than 254 lbs. My favorite so far is the gyroplane based three wheeler that leans into corners.

autopilot

Delta, that would be the PAL V. But have you seen the price!!! But I also consider it a VERY good, versatile aircraft. An really usable aircraft also has to have a carrying capacity beyond full fuel and two souls, it also needs to transport your picnic, camping gear, hunting gear groceries or what-ever. Without a decent baggage allowance it is still limited.
BTW a Smart Roadster doesn't have a decent baggage capacity, it's not 4WD or amphibious.
Three wheels are ideal from a minimal regulation POV. I did investigate doing my "car" as a three wheeler, but it needed to be longer than a transverse motor. Now of course that's mute as the Smart is over 1 mtr longer.

Thanks Henryk, you always have something to offer. Much appreciated

pfarber

HBA Supporter
I am in Chengdu, Sichuan China.

I would suggest looking at an old ChangAn Alto bodyshell. Of course there are also now plenty of electric mini cars to choose from too.
My step daughter went to Uni in Chengdu. Nice place. Not a lot of train service when I was there, but its China, give them 6 months.

No, the food was not good.

Gotta love the 60ft statue of Mao in front of the science museum. The actual science museum was a horror show. Unless you are there when the panda's are born, skip the Panda research institute. Panda's are lazy. Red panda's are awesome.

autopilot

Hi anybody who looks at this. The site (homebilutaircraft) has obviously changed since I was last here. How do I get to the Home page to post ?s about stall speeds?

Snpr2024

I think you click Forums, then New Posts, then look for Create Post on the right side of the page near the top.

autopilot

Not on the page I have open! However I did find a relevant thread, but due to the vagueries (?) of my fingers I have lost it. I will get back to it. I'm looking for clarification on Vs0. Thanks

Lendo

Vso Stalling Speed or steady flight speed in the landing configuration.
Listings of V speeds are available on the Internet.
George

Lendo

Not at Hand - just type in Aircraft V speeds and there's plenty of them, pick one print it out laminate it and put it on a wall somewhere.
George